I had an awesome time at camp!
I couldn't beleive the view, it made me think I was in an incredible place. This is my fifth year going to camp. This is the first time my friends and I choose Lurecrest. There were so many different kinds of activities to do.
Each day we got up at 7am.
We had to be at breakfest by 8.
By 9:30 we were on our way to some fantastic activites!
Rock Wall: The rock wall was amazing! It was 28 feet tall. I made it about half way. That's great for me becasuse I am afraid of heights.
Leap of Faith: This was very scary. It was a pole that was 40 feet tall with a small platform on top. You had to climb up with only metal bars to use. Then you have to jump off..hooked to a harness. You have to trust your cabin mates to hold you in the air. Of course their was a counserler helping you out. I pushed myself as far as I could. I had lots of encouragement.
Zip Line: I DID IT! This is one cable, one harness, one rope and off you go! It was very high off the ground. I almost didn't do it but I am glad I did! It was so fast and so much fun. I went twice. The first time I screamed the whole time and everyone on Lake Lure could hear me. It made me feel so incredible. Like I could fly! I can't to do it again next year!
Tubeing: This was the first time I went tubeing. Luckily I got to do it with one of my best friends. I learned I have lots of upper body strength! It was so much fun and the lake was beautiful.
Chapel: This is the place with the most beautiful view especially at sunset.
The worship here is awesome. The messages of God's love are incredible.
It was all about keeping your faith to stand firm for what you beleive.
Every night we did a game. The first night was a challenge game. The rest of the time we played The Price Is Right. Nicole and Rebecca and Katlin all played. It was fun watching rebecca scream when she was called to "Come on Down your the next contestant on the price is right"
Drama: We all did parts of skits and we also made a Dramatic Dance to the song "Peace Be Still" It was awesome to be part of so many kids praising and singing to God all at the same time.
I learned that it is sometimes hard to make the right choice but when you do...your faith gets stronger and stronger and stronger. I volunteered to be a prayer leader. I saw a girl crying and a part of me said to go pray with her and a part of me didn't because I didn't know who she was. But I listened to what I felt was right and it was. I prayed with her and she said she felt a lot better than she did. It was amazing to have God use you to touch some bodys life.
I think I came to know God better than I did before.
That's my experience at camp lurecrest. I want to be a counserler when I turm 18. That would be a great way for me to serve God.



1 comment:
Sarah, what a beautiful experience. I want to go to camp. I know you make God proud, as well as your Mama.
You have such a beautiful spirit. Our family is blessed to be a part of your life. You will have to perform the dance the next time we see you.
Post a Comment